Earlier this week Telecom XT network had extended outage, apparently the result of some software update gone rogue. People from all over commented on it (including myself) but one of the most strongly worded comments came from Ernie Newman who commented to NBR's Chris Keall:
Telecommunications Users Association (Tuanz) chief executive Ernie Newman said, "From here, it looks bizarre. Even third world countries don't experience outages of that magnitude and length.
I have news: New Zealand is not a third world country. Or perhaps the U.S. is one too:
- 3rd March 2009: Vodafone 3G returns after three hour Auckland outage;
- 12th December 2009: AT&T 3G service disruption in San Francisco, lasting for two hours and fifteen minutes;
- 13th December 2009: Verizon Network down in Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio and California, with a six hour ETA for full services restoration;
- 14th December 2009: Telecom XT outage affects half of New Zealand;
- 17th December 2009: AT&T outage leaves Alaska without 2G service for most of the day.
Other related posts:
Geekzone data analytics with Power BI
Now with more fibre
Unlimited is not unlimited: Vodafone cable going gigabit
comments powered by Disqus