Anyway, I run a Microsoft Exchange Server and have Direct Push enabled for a series of devices here (my own Pocket PC Phone Edition, plus a few test ones). And it's not working on CDMA devices connected to Telecom New Zealand anymore!
Until recently all devices I have connected to a cellular network would get my e-mails even before Microsoft Outlook on my desktop notified me of a new message.
This was consistently working with devices connected to Vodafone New Zealand (i-mate Jasjar, Palm Treo 750v, and another test device) or Telecom New Zealand (Apache).
But this has now changed and I noticed this when testing the Palm Treo 700wx Telecom New Zealand sent: for some reason the devices connected to their CDMA EVDO network are not getting the push e-mails.
To test it I put a series of devices side-by-side and sent a few e-mails from gmail and other on-line services to my own account on the Exchange Server. And guess what? All UMTS devices received the e-mail almost instantly, while the CDMA devices sat there, doing nothing and eventually receiving the e-mails - up to 15 minutes later.
This feature used to work for sure, and I think something has changed on the Telecom network.
Another piece of information, it appears that it works fine if using the Telecom private office offering (I can't remember the service name),
Anyway, I contacted someone at Telecom but I was told "nothing has changed" and he would look into this in 2007.
I will keep asking about it...
Other related posts:
Windows Phone and Android apps screen comparison
Windows Phone 8 Portico update: at last here in New Zealand
Windows Phone updates, again
comments powered by Disqus