First some informaton on this beta. Players will have access to Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta from Wednesday 16 May 2007 5am PDT through 6 June 2007 11:59 PM PDT.
The Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta will only work on Xbox Live and only allows Matchmaking play. You will not be able to play any custom of offline games.
The following will be included in the Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta:
- Three new multiplayer maps: Snowbound, High Ground and Valhalla;
- New weapons sch as the Magnum M6G Pistol, Assault Rifle MA5C ICWS, Brute Spiker Type 25 Carbine, Spike Grenades, Spartan Laser WAV M6 GGNR, Machinegun Turret AIE 486H HMG and Missile Pods (you can see some of the guns in my previous post);
- The Mongoose M274 ULATV is a fast two-man ATM for transport across the battlefield and while it doesn't come with any weaponry the passenger is free to use any equipped weapons;
- Several new equipments such as the Bubble Shield, Portable Grav Lift, Trip Mine and Energy Drainer;
- Improved Matchmaking and Party System;
- After each multiplayer game players will be able to save a film of their last match and watch it locally or upload it. While this is limited to a first person real-time playback only during the beta, the final version will allow full control of the camera. The Save Film option can be played back on HD 1080p and Dolby Digital 5.1. A long game may use about 6 MB of space and Microsoft is making 25 MB available during the beta.
The download is about 900 MB and wll be available from the Marketplace if you have a beta code, or through the Downloads section when you insert the Crackdown game.
A new Party Up feature allows games to vote and party up at the end of each game, so they can continue to play as a single party in future games.
Below are some pictures I snapped during the session today:
I also managed to take a couple of pictures of the upcoming Halo 2 for Windows Vista:
All very exciting, but I am really waiting for Shadowrun for Windows Vista, which will allow PC gamers to interact and play against and with people online on Xbox Live.
Other related posts:
Microsoft Ignite New Zealand, Microsoft Surface Studio
Geekzone data analytics with Power BI
Now with more fibre
comments powered by Disqus