Microsoft ActiveSync 4.2 is the latest synchronization software for Windows Mobile-based devices.
Changes in ActiveSync 4.2 help resolve connectivity related issues with Microsoft Outlook, proxies, partnerships, and connectivity:
- Microsoft Outlook Improvements: Resolves issues relating to error code 85010014
- Proxy/DTPT interaction Improvements: Improved auto configuration of device Connection Manager settings when desktop has no proxy path to the internet.
- Improved Desktop Pass Thru behavior with ISA proxy failures
- Partnership improvements: Better resolution of multiple devices with the same name syncing with the same desktop
- Connectivity Improvements: Better handling of VPN clients (resolve unbinding of protocols from our RNDIS adapter).
- New auto detection of connectivity failure with user diagnostic alerts.
ActiveSync 4.2 supports PC sync via USB cable, Bluetooth, or infrared connection.
If you are using Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition or older, please use ActiveSync 3.8 instead.
Other related posts:
Windows Phone and Android apps screen comparison
Windows Phone 8 Portico update: at last here in New Zealand
Windows Phone updates, again
comments powered by Disqus